The qualification postponed to Za'abeel

The match between Al Wasl and Sharjah ended in a goalless draw in the match that was held between them, Friday night, at Sharjah Stadium, in the first leg of the Arab Gulf Cup quarter-finals.

The match began with pressure from the home team, in an attempt to surprise Al Wasl, with an early goal, and in the 12th minute Hamid Abdullah saved his goal from the right side through the player Salem Saleh, after which Al Wasl started arranging the ranks and exchanging attacks with Sharjah, the Argentine Nicolas Oroz played, A wonderful cross from the left side, in the 18th minute, to Nasser Mahmoud, who hit the with a volley, but it passed by the left post of goalkeeper Darwish Mohamed.

The emperor continued his attempts and put pressure on the home team, and got more than one corner kick in succession and Ghanaian George Duwben almost opened the scoring for the “yellows” in the 23rd minute, after he rose among Sharjah's defenders, and hit a strong header, but Darwish Muhammad succeeded in saving it.

The emperor captured most of the first half, but without real danger to the home side's goal, and in the 29th minute, Mendes was about to score the first goals of the match after receiving Hamad AlBalooshi's wonderful pass in the penalty area, but he did not succeed in taming the ball and Sharjah defender cuts the ball in front of him.

The Play was limited to midfield in the last 15 minutes, and Sharjah retreated to the middle of their saide, ending the first half with a goalless draw.

With the start of the second half, the two teams exchanged control over the course of the match without threatening any of the goals, until the 62nd minute came to Salem AlAzizi playing, a wonderful cross at the head of Joao Figueiredo, who almost haunted the net, but the goalkeeper succeeded in blocking it.

In the 64th minute, Odair Hellmann pushed Habbouch Saleh, instead of Nasser Mahmoud, and in the 81st minute, the young striker Walid AlHammadi entered, at the expense of Figueiredo, to activate the offensive side of the team, and Al Hammadi almost scored a fatal goal in stoppage time after he was alone to the goal. He shot with his Left foot, but he did not hit the ball with the required accuracy, to be sent away by goalkeeper Darwish Muhammad.

The match ends with a goalless draw, and the final qualifier for the Arabian Gulf Cup semi-finals is postponed to the second leg in Za’abeel.

News Image Gallery