Al Wasl loses from Sharjah in the last seconds


Al Wasl lost to its host Sharjah, with two goals to one in the match that was held between them at Sharjah Stadium, in the ninth round of the Arabian Gulf League.


Al Wasl began the match with caution in defense, in an attempt to absorb the pressure expected from the Sharjah team, and in the 7th minute, Hamid Abdullah responded to Igor cornado's shot, brilliantly. And from a mistake in the defensive positioning, the home team were able to open the scoring through Wilton soares, in the 15th minute, after reviewing the "VAR" because of a suspicion of offside on the Brazilian striker.



In the 29th minute, Ali Saleh led an attack from the left side and manipulated Sharjah's defense, to hit the ball hard in the narrow corner, but the Al Hosani goalkeeper saved it.


In the 34th minute, Ali Saleh was blocked in the penalty area, and after reviewing the video, the referee awarded a penalty in favor of Al Wasl, so captain Fabio de Lima scored, and equalized in the 37th minute.


The first half ended with a sccore of one to one.



With the start of the second half, Fabio de Lima played a cross from the right on the edge of the penalty area, Hassan Ibrahim almost scored the second goal through it after he rose among Sharjah defenders, and hit the ball with his head, but it was not with the strength required to catch Al Hossani easily.

In the 58th minute, Nicolas Oroz received a pass from Fabio Lima, to hit it hard, but it hit the Sharjah players and turned into a corner.


The two teams exchanged attacks, although Al Wasl, was more dangerous in some periods through the spread of the players on the field after abandoneding the defensive caution, and his reliance on Fabio Lima's passes, and the speed of the "golden boy" Ali Saleh, who exhausted the opponent's defense.


In the 80th minute, Hamid Abdullah, the brilliant, saved a goal from Luan Pereira, which almost landed in the net. Coach Salem Rabie, replaced Nicolas Oroz with Ronaldo Mendes, in the 82nd minute, to activate the midfield and exploit the player's strong left-handed shots.


The referee counted 4 minutes as added on time, and in the final seconds Sharjah managed to score the second goal through Soares, ending the match with Al Wasl losing two goals to one.

News Image Gallery