Al Wasl loses two points against Al Wahda

Al Wasl tied against Al Wahda, 2-2 on Thursday evening, in the match that was held between them at Za’abeel Stadium, in the 18th round of the Arabian Gulf League.

In the first minutes of the match, Al Wahda posed danger to Al Wasl's goal, and Sultan Al Manthari saved his goal brilliantly after a powerful shot that turned it into a corner after colliding with the left post.

In the 6th minute, Ali Saleh, the "golden boy", succeeded in extracting the ball from Al Wahda defender, then dodged Al Wahda goalkeeper Mohamed Al Shamsi, who had to block him so the referee counted an early penalty kick, which was taken by Fabio de Lima, scoring the first goal of the match.

The emperor controlled the match in the first half and was close to add the second goal in the 34th minute, through Fabio de Lima with a shot that passed next to the right post, after collective play from the team.

In the 42nd minute, Al Wahda succeeded in scoring the equalizing goal, through Lee Myung, from a follow up on the in the penalty area, after Omar Khribin free kick.

The first half ended with a 1 -1 draw.

The game was limited in the middle of the field between the two teams at the start of the second half, and in the 53rd minute, the Argentine Nicolas Oroz played a perfect cross from the right to Abdulrahman Ali, who hit a header that was not strong enough to be caught by the goalkeeper easily.

In the 61st minute, coach Odair Hellmann pushed Natan Felipe instead of Mohamed Sebel, who was injured, followed by two substitutions in the 71st minute, with Habbouch Saleh entering instead of Nicolas Oroz, and Nasser Mahmoud at the expense of Joao Figredo, the coach’s substitutions quickly restored the superiority to the emperor and Al Wasl succeeded in adding The second goal in the 77th minute through Fabio de Lima from the penalty spot, after Robin Philippe blocked Nasser Mahmoud.

In the 85th minute, Al Wahda returned and scored the equalizing goal by Syrian striker Omar Khribin, taking advantage of a defensive error.

Hellmann made a fourth substitution in the 87th minute by entering Yusef Ahmed instead of Ronaldo Mendes, in an attempt to score the three-point goal in the final minutes, but Al Wahda scored the third goal in the 90th minute, before the referee went to a “VAR” check and canceled the goal for offside, to end the match with a 2-2 draw.

News Image Gallery